12.10.2008

In Love With Strangers

First of all, thank you for your prayers. Matt and I have felt such a peace about our decision to accept these two precious boys!

Over the past week we have been blessed to receive more pictures of the boys and a great video of them. I cried my eyes out as I looked at their precious faces! They have such beautiful skin and big brown eyes! I can't wait to hug and kiss on them! They look so happy compared to their first pictures. And the video is priceless. They are playing with one another, running/crawling, and kicking/throwing a ball. As mentioned before, the younger one has an orthopedic problem. The video had great footage of him walking with help and the flexibility of his foot. Praise the Lord it doesn't look as bad as once thought! I ran the video by a children's orthopedic office today and they are going to look over it and help us gain a little knowledge of what we are dealing with.

In regards to paperwork, we have completed our dossier but have not sent it to D.C. yet. We plan on doing that next week. Once our paperwork has been sealed for the final time it will be sent to Ethiopia! We will then wait for a court date in Ethiopia, which we will not be present for (we have a power of attorney). After our court date, we have to wait 6-8 weeks to travel and bring them home! It looks like we will be bringing our boys home at the end of May, first of June. It seems so far away but I know it will fly by!

Because the boys are not legally ours, we are not permitted to post pictures of them. If you would like to see our little angels just email me at mattjessbriggs@gmail.com and I will send you a picture!

Keep praying for us and the boys. Please pray that they are growing healthy. And please pray for this entire process that it will be so smooth! Thank you for your love and support!

4 comments:

Becca said...

We are so excited for you and will definitely continue to be praying for you FOUR as a family--amazing!! :) We love seeing how God is already knitting you together. :)
Love,
Becca

Brandi said...

That is so exciting, Jess!! I would love to see pictures!! :) I'm praying for you and your family as you await these little ones!

Mark and Beth said...

We are so excited for you! God is doing amazing things and we are so privileged so get to pray for you all and hear how He is moving. Please send me pictures- bethmosespuckett@yahoo.com. Keep posting on the blog- it is a wonderful way to keep in touch.

Tiffany Travis Sexton said...

We are both so excited for you! I cannot wait to meet your boys! God is good.