4.11.2009

Now That I'm Feeling Better

First I would like to apologize for having not posted anything in almost two months! Sorry! Shortly after my last post the morning sickness hit hard! And it wasn’t just morning sickness, it was ALL DAY. I would literally get up, go to work, come home and crawl in bed. I was SO sick and miserable. I could hardly keep anything down. I was on nausea medication that would help sometimes, but not always. The meds also made me feel depressed and just not myself, so I stopped taking them about a week ago. I started taking vitamin B12, which seems to be helping and I’m starting to feel more like myself again. Praise the LORD! I have had four sick-free days in a row! I am praying the sickness is slowly passing and will not return!

In pregnancy news… we are now at 16 weeks! We got to hear the heartbeat a couple of weeks ago and will find out what we are having on May 5th (if Baby cooperates)! It’s fun to hear what people think we will have. Matt and I both think it is a girl. Mom and my brother both think it is a girl too, but dad had a dream that is a boy. We will see!

In adoption news… we have a new agency! This agency is local, which we love. We have been able to talk regularly and have met with them once. Both of the ladies we have talked with have been so very kind and understanding. I feel very confident that the Lord has led us to them. I must say though, our meeting was a tad emotional for me (hormones, I guess). I went into the meeting thinking we would only need to change a few things in our paperwork and be good to go, but that isn’t the case. I became very overwhelmed when talking with them about all of the stuff we are going to have to change in our dossier. But, it is going to all be just fine and work out in God’s timing. Right now I’m just trying to focus on finishing up my last 7 weeks of school and then I can devote more time to getting everything together.
Speaking of work, I’m retiring! Wow, that feels weird to say. After this school year is over, I will be a stay-at-home mom! Although the decision was easy because we have always wanted this for our family, I know I will miss my job. My school is such a great place with great people. It is so bittersweet. I am thankful to the Lord for the time he did allow me to work there.

1 comment:

Cara Meyer said...

Hi, I came across your blog through my friend Tiffany. My husband and I are adopting from Ethiopia and will hopefully bring 2 boys home soon. She has told me of your journey and we had prayed for you with the ending of your previous agency. May God bless you in your new path and with your own new baby on the way!!